President Nelson, the Modern-Day Prophet

 March 16, 2020

Welp, I guess worldwide this week hasn't been looking too hot and I would advise you this week not to read Revelations in your personal study if you want to keep from freaking out even more 😉 With everything going into a freeze because of the coronavirus, the near future looks uncertain, especially in regards of missionary work around the world, but that doesn't mean that it's without hope. I encourage you to go on lds.org and watch the video that Prophet Neilson released. I know he is a prophet called of God in these last days. For me it is so clear now as to why the prophet has been announcing all these changes in how the church runs in the last 2 years! Like people is he not a prophet or what!!! Ministering? The new Come Follow Me program that is HOME Centered? It isn't a coincidence!! 


I had another experience that showed me he is a prophet of God this week.  This week I got straight up the most attacks against the Book of Mormon that I've gotten on my whole mission!! It was the weirdest thing! We have recently been challenged to teach 2 lessons everyday about the restoration of the gospel in preparation for the General Conference. As soon as that challenge was made literally it's been war on the Book of Mormon here! We spent 7 hours straight on Saturday running into and teaching people who used every excuse to deny the Book of Mormon. The thing is, they can't deny it. It's there and the only way that you could logically or spiritually deny it is if you were to read it, study it, then receive a confirmation by the holy ghost that it is false. Thing is, though, that they will never get that denial by the Holy Ghost, let alone probably will not even read it. But I've read it, and I know it's true. The world will get more and more hostile towards the church in future years President Nelson said, so we need to get more and more grounded in our faith! 


Here, it is like a bubble of the world and although church is canceled, we are now able to still hold baptismal services and go out proselyting for now. Shout out to all those missionaries who have served faithfully but due to the dang coronavirus are getting sent home! @elderbracken love you bro!
Stay healthy y'all and don't get corona! Hehe, and may you win the war over toilet paper at the grocery store this week 😉
Elder Briggs


Hey dad! That's insane about the virus! Literally the cases doubled over night and if this is anything like Moses' day there must be 6 more coming. I honestly see no effects really here from all that stuff except that now we don't have church and all our baptisms got cancelled last week. Honestly though it's like the whole world is getting a slap of what Africa deals with every day! Like down here they literally laughed out loud when they heard there wouldn't be church because of the virus. They thought it was the stupidest thing haha! Ya I've kinda been getting that vibe as well that life back home isn't all roses and confetti and even though I know I'm going to be home soon I'm trying to do everything to stay focused. 

week was kinda rough, I got hit by a moto and got x rays (nothing broken) but my thigh is soo bruised and swollen, so I've hobbled everywhere. I hope there's no deeper damage to it. Then they shut down missionary work and we couldn't baptize, so it was rough, but through all that I've still been happy! I definitely don't want there to be any regrets about the end of my mission and its weird. It's like Satan is throwing that trunky temptation and I have to always be correcting myself. 

Thanks for all you've done for me dad! The older I get, the more I realize how much crap you went through at work and just dealing with life (sweet that's what I got to look forward too). But I guess you got through it, so I probably will too, maybe. Hah,a love you dad. Have fun in Washington!

ELder Briggs 
first born in the wilderness

No comments:

Post a Comment

And just like that . . . I'm home!

 March 24, 2020 Welp, definitely during the whole last week never did I think that during that same week I would be home! The week was going...