Mr. Thorpe, if You're out There . . .

 November 18, 2019

So, this week we started up our practice rehearsals for our Christmas program! It's gonna be good, I hope. Werre doing sketches, dances, I'm accompanying Elder Harman, who is a stud on the violin in "Oh, come oh, come Emmanuel" Piano guys version. Well, we have a choir too and while planning it we needed a conductor and "the lots fell on me" so Mr. Thorpe, if you're out there, I hope I'm making you proud 😉

Family Home Evening

Besides that, transfer calls came, but no big news. I'm staying here with Elder Kouadio at least 1 more so I'm pumped! This week we had definitely some... interesting experiences? But one of the funny highlights is that we have started teaching like half the congregation of a celeste church! The celeste church (look it up for more info) was this church started in Benin and they got some different beliefs, for example they wear theses long white robes with these white hats and when they go to church they don't wear any shoes, but usually we joke around to never teach someone who is celeste because they are almost impossible to convert and most the time they don't like us. Well one of their priests stopped us and wanted to learn more and invited us to come to his church to teach him because he is there all day, every day. We show up there and of course we don't go inside to teach him because that's a white bible no-no, so we just taught him outside. The next time there were 3 priests from his church who came out to join us! The first guy had shown them all the Book of Mormon we gave himand they too wanted to learn about it! Haha, by the third time there were about 5 guys and 3 women there and it was the best sight in the world when we showed up to see these people bring the chairs out of their church, each with a Book of Mormon, walking to us barefoot in white robes to listen to our message! Haha, of course, in my mind I was just thinking how they all looked ready to get baptized! And to top it all off the neighborhood drunk "Abel" started a fight with one of the priests during our lesson and slammed a metal door on the back of his head and he didn't want to leave so we sat him down and had him listen, too 😂 He killed me! He asked "qui est Abel?"  (Who was Abel?) I told him that he was Abel, then he smiled and was like "je ne suis pas trop belle" (I'm not THAT beautiful). It was hilarious. idk sorry it probably only makes sense in French.

Rooftop of Cotonou

The Book of Mormon is the keystone of our religion people!! I don't know if anything will happen with them, but the Book of Mormon was the key to get them all to hear about our message!! Because if someone truly wants to know more about Christ what cooler thing than another testament of him!? I know it's true and that by reading it we will get closer to God than by any other book on this earth!
Love y'all!
Elder Briggs

No comments:

Post a Comment

And just like that . . . I'm home!

 March 24, 2020 Welp, definitely during the whole last week never did I think that during that same week I would be home! The week was going...