A Favor From a Good Neighbor

 July 29, 2019

So, first off, this morning I wake up to do my laundry and we get a knock at the door! So, I open it up and it's our best friend who lives across the street and between you and me I have never once not seen him SLAMMED drunk. I have no idea how it is possible to literally never be sober because that gives him no time to work for the money to buy the alcohol, but, somehow, he hasn't run out. Anyways he is a super nice guy and goes into military stance and salutes us every time we see him in the street, which is hilarious. Anyways he asked who it was that plays the piano in our house. I told him it was me. He then handed me this old Christian hymn book in Ewé and told me that he hears me playing all the time (I have this old little 4 octave keyboard) and he wanted me to play for him! I tried getting out of it by telling him I didn't know how to play in Ewé but he said its ok I could just translate it into English :') So he sat down below in the street as I went upstairs, cranked up the volume, and clanked out these hymns I've never heard. Honestly, if I wasn't serenading a drunk man on an out of tune keyboard at 9AM it could have been kind of romantic 😉 But he was happy, so that's all that matters!
The corn us and Fr. Maurice planted a couple months ago
God has been working miracles in our sector this week and it's like all of our work we have put in for the last transfers is starting to pay off all at once and its feels like we are just trying to run around with a bowl and catch all the amazing amis that God is throwing at us! I testify that God really does answer prayers and he blesses in his time and in his ways. Consecutively this week 2 amis that we are teaching both received answers to their prayers ACTUALLY by the power of the Holy Ghost that testified to their hearts that it was true! There is a problem with people thinking that there will be a big manifestation by an angel or God in their dream telling them it's true but when we asked these amis how they knew they said they received a confirmation in their hearts! I just wanted to hug them and scream, Thank you, finally, that's exactly it!! I know that when we pray as Moroni directed, "with real intent having faith in Christ," that is when the promise is fulfilled, as God always keeps his promises.
 Throwback split with my ex-companion Elder Sorenson!
Funniest sentence I heard this week was definitely when this guy walks by us and my companion jumps up as if the guy has a million dollars taped to him then says, "that guy has the same skin color as me!" I told him that he had been with a white companion for too long and that they ALL have the same skin color as him, but he said |no, that guy is different, he has the exact tint as me." 
Love y'all!
Elder Briggs 
Looks like Dora's not done exploring...

How to carry plywood on a motorcycle 

No comments:

Post a Comment

And just like that . . . I'm home!

 March 24, 2020 Welp, definitely during the whole last week never did I think that during that same week I would be home! The week was going...