I Met the Prophet and an Execution Order

 November 4, 2019

I met the prophet!! Crazy, right? Actually, me and him are buddies now because for the last week he has been in my dreams almost every night 😂 Ya, my dreams have been getting really weird and when general authorities are in your dreams I think it means you've been on a mission for too long. Yup, me and Russell Nelson have done everything from deep sea fishing at a Bahamas resort to him showing me his collection of the world's deadliest snakes, to even watching David A Bednar give a conference address during conference on his TV together in his living room with Henry Eyring sitting on the couch with us too!! I'm open if anyone can interpret what these dreams mean.

So, we have had this cockroach problem in our kitchen that I, apparently, didn't think was very bad. Just turning on the lights there are a few here and there that run away. Well, I've started to notice that they have been "multiplying and replenishing" our kitchen so I decided to fumigate our kitchen today. Well turns out it turned into a genocide after finding that the couple cockroaches was really hundreds! Ahh, it was so bad. I would empty boxes and drop the box on the ground and hundreds of cockroaches would fall out of all the cracks! The shelves were the worst, after pulling the cabinet out and turning it around the ENTIRE back of the cabinet was covered in cockroaches! Got to say it was pretty gross. 

The works going well, and we are in the process of seeing how we can help the stake to improve missionary work between the members and the missionaries and have been doing formations in some of the wards. I had one experience that I would like to share. We were headed to a rendezvous and I have the habit of always carrying a Book of Mormon in hand. My comp asked who I was planning on giving it to and I said I didn't know but we would find someone. Sure enough, while walking down the street a moto driver stopped and asked me if he could have the Book of Mormon! He had seen the same book at his girlfriend's house and started reading it and when he saw it in my hand he stopped! I think it's so cool that if I hadn't decided to carry that Book of Mormon , that guy would have just ridden by without knowing the blessings of the gospel! Sometimes God doesn't need us to go find people for him but to simple be an example for him so that when he sends people our way, they recognize that what we have was what they were searching for. Love y'all!
Elder Briggs 

No comments:

Post a Comment

And just like that . . . I'm home!

 March 24, 2020 Welp, definitely during the whole last week never did I think that during that same week I would be home! The week was going...