Got to go out for 1 day!

July 27, 2018
Razor wired church

Sorry it's been more like a week and a half, pdays are super weird here and switch to different days in the week so I never really know when the next one is (hehe but I'm sure glad its today because  I'm out of clean clothes).

Last week, the day after last pday I had my mind blown going proselyting. I thought I was in Africa, but I didn't really know it until I got out of the MTC for a day :') We were dropped off at a church house about 10 minutes from the MTC and then from there we went out in the streets and shared messages, handed out pamphlets, and got people's contact information who wanted to learn more. Haha, it was literally a celestial proselyting experience and no joke when you hear the church is growing in Africa, it is GROWING! Me and my companion were pretty scared cause we had been practicing everything in French not English and so the first person we walked up to we asked if they wanted to hear a message about Jesus Christ, to my surprise he said Yes! We told him about the plan of salvation and the Book of Mormon and asked if he would be interested in learning more. To my surprise once again, he said yes!! Well, it wasn't just this man, EVERYONE wanted to hear our message!! It was literally crazy how many people wanted to hear it and I can count on my hands the number of people that didn't want to hear it or learn more!! We came up to these two young guys and asked if we could share a message. They nodded and we proceed and after we got done they just looked confused. Haha, then we realized they didn't speak English and after saying bonjour they lit up! We found out they are from Togo and we were able to share a short broken message about the plan of salvation in French to them and I just happened to have some pamphlets in French that we had been using for role plays. Who knew we would actually hand them out! A couple of people we couldn't communicate with at all because the just spoke trwei* but still got their contact info by pointing at the picture of Jesus on the pamphlet and making a phone sign with our hands. Haha, either they want to learn more... or they thought that we were telling them that Jesus would call them so I hope they're not disappointed :') But it got me so pumped to go out in the field now!! Africa is definitely white and ready to harvest. 
Roundabouts got traffic guys!
Also for all you who know the stud elder Knecht I got to talk to him on the phone which was way awesome! We were proselyting in his mission so all the elders knew him and called him up for a sec but he is an amazing missionary and I think one of the models of what a missionary should be. don't have much time but next email I will share a sweet miracle that happened here at the MTC this week that my stud teacher Frere Avana shared with us! Love you all, Elder Briggs


These little street stores are EVERYWHERE!

View from the awesome elder's apartment who found us!

What about most streets look like. (hehe there are chickens and goats EVERYWHERE eating all the stuff all over town)

Hehe we found this short cut alley that has an ironic sign

A busy street 

Thanks mom! love you! We got to go procelyting this week and it was so amazing! the amount of poverty here, even in just accra ghana is insane. makes me wonder what benin will be like.  We were only 10 minutes away from the mtc but it is crazy. hehe everyone just goes to the bathroom where ever, the gutter, on a wall, you name it. Theres chickens and goats everywhere just eating crap in the streets just cause like everywhere is the dump. There arent trash cans or anything like that so its just becomes street corners. I love it though. when we were out we were walking down the street and walked past this younger man. He looked pretty sad. we kept walking and the spirit told me to talk to him. We had already past him but it was crazy it was like my feet were stopped and turned around and before I knew it I was running back to catch up to him. We told him about the plan of salvation and he was super interested. He was really sad and distraught because he couldn't work his had got in a moto accident and couldn't go because of his foot. (it was all infected and had this big open wound on it) He left alot happier though and I really hope that the missionaries contact him. Love you!
Your son Elder Briggs

No comments:

Post a Comment

And just like that . . . I'm home!

 March 24, 2020 Welp, definitely during the whole last week never did I think that during that same week I would be home! The week was going...