African Ward Parties

October 29, 2018
Ward Party

End of the mutation was this week and transfer calls came! I'm staying here in Ablogame and my dad Elder Bullock is going across the zone to be Zone leader! My new Comp is coming this week Wednesday over from Benin! His name is Elder Mungongo from the congo (rhymes right! ðŸ˜‰) He has been out for a little more than a year but I'll give y'all the scoop next week on how it goes! I'm really excited because he is a francophone so it's going to be only French!!
The cutest kid in Africa.

This week we have just been trying to get new amis to teach who are older because our primary is HUGE So that means we need more men with the priesthood in our ward and parents who are members of these kids! We started teaching our ami named Happy again cause she has been sick with, as she said "malade de la femme" or "sickness of the woman"( meaning that she is pregnant) But we are working to get another baptism date fixed with her! 
In loving memory of Elder Bullock
This last Saturday we had a big ward activity where all the members invited tons of people and practically every child in Ablogame! With just us 4 missionaries and a zillion kids they all love white elders so we all had fun the whole time not being able to move our hands because all the kids won't let go and stop running their hands through our arm hair 😂 They cleared out the pulpit and sacrament table in our church and it became a dance floor!! Elder Hemon beatboxed for everyone which was pretty sweet. And let me tell you these people CAN DANCE!!! Ah, I'm so sad I can't upload the video but just even little kids like 8 and 9 they would have dance-offs and everyone would scream afterward for whichever person they thought won. Something that would never fly in America with the "everyone's a winner" mentality but these little kids don't even take it personally and will just get up again to challenge someone else! The older girls in primary did this insane dance that I don't think would be possible with anyone in an American ward just because all these kids and everyone has learned how to dance since they were super little. It just blew my mind how good everyone in the ward is at dancing and the wards here definitely know how to have a party. And another great part was that most of the people there weren't even members so we were able to get tons of contacts to start teaching!!  That's all I got time for but I hope y'all have a great week!
Love Elder Briggs
Our apartment. With matching bumbas ;)


I haven't gotten sick. All the natives are sick literally ALL the time but the missionaries are usually good somehow so that's a blessing!
Love you!
Elder Briggs

No comments:

Post a Comment

And just like that . . . I'm home!

 March 24, 2020 Welp, definitely during the whole last week never did I think that during that same week I would be home! The week was going...