Apartment Karma!!

 June 24, 2019

Alright so Tuesday morning we wake up, just a normal day, right? Yep, it was until we got a call from the mission president's wife telling us that she was coming in 2 hours to do apartment checks!! (shout out to her for giving us a heads up!) I know we aren't supposed to talk about past sins but between you and me our apartment was not clean. The day before on p-day we had had our zone activity and when we got back we did our laundry and cleaned up a little, but I cannot say that it was in "checkable standard". So, you know the story, we all drop everything we're doing and go into a panic deep clean of the entire apartment for the next 2 hours. 

 The stud Elder Marshall who is going home to Utah in 2 weeks!

Let me tell you, that apartment was spanking clean! The entire 2 story apartment, swept, mopped, tidied up, all dishes done, all clothes in place, and except for the bathtub that has been clogged since missionaries got in this apartment, it was looking good. So, she shows up and starts going through the apartment. We got Destroyed!! We were going into it pretty confidently but nooo. Apparently we just live in it, so it seems a whole lot cleaner to us than it really is. She would walk into the bathroom and touch the toilet, then the sink and then tell us how we need to clean them and in my mind I'm thinking "I literally just got done cleaning that for 20 min?" She would point at the stove top and tell us it was disgusting and we needed to clean it and I turned to an elder in our apartment and he mouthed to me "I spent the last hour cleaning it!" Haha, this was about the cycle through many different things and we realized our perspective is totally out of whack! So, we all have repented and learned a good lesson. CLEAN YOUR APARTMENT EVERY MONDAY no matter what! 

Frere Maurice's sweet winter coat for when it rains!
I have a lot more than that to say about this week and we had a bunch of great stuff happen like interviews with president, splits and some super great first lessons but I don't have a ton of time so maybe next week I can share some great experiences that we had this week! 
Love y'all!!
Teaching our recent convert how to make tortillas ('cause we are pro now 😉)

No comments:

Post a Comment

And just like that . . . I'm home!

 March 24, 2020 Welp, definitely during the whole last week never did I think that during that same week I would be home! The week was going...