Ghanian Family

May 13, 2019

This week nothing to crazy but I will share one experience that showed me that God is always looking out for his children. We were walking back from sector and these kids yelled out to us in English. Usually, we just wave and keep going 'cause it's mostly just "what is up" that everyone knows here but we stopped and started talking to them. There were 4 teenagers and they started telling me that they are from Ghana and were here visiting family for a year. They said that they were baptized but it sounded like it had been a while because when I asked who was the prophet living today they said Joseph Smith and when I asked them if they had the Aaronic priesthood they just looked confused. So, story short we told them we would stop by and we could show them where the church was and visit them. Turns out their mom is a member too, but they all stopped going to church when she got really sick and no one from the ward came to visit her. Well, the kids still wanted to go to church but then they moved and there wasn't a church close by so they all fell inactive. The oldest boy is 19 and his name is Joshua. He is HILARIOUS and we just started on ground 0 again with the lessons. I can honestly say that was one of the most spiritual lessons I've had on the mission as this teenager the same age as me relearned about the God who created him. He told us that this time in his life has been really hard and he hasn't really known where to turn too. Some people could call it a coincidence, but I don't think so. 

Member kid

Weird thing we saw this week. I don't know if it was some voodoo holiday but there were tons of voodoo idols and sacrifices (not like bodies or stuff just food for them) in the streets. Haha the 2 weirdest ones I saw was a bowl full off goats blood (I hope ;) with some bread in it and this little statue that was just a tennis shoe with a stick standing out of it, dressed in these little clothes with a hat and sunglasses :') Haha, and then they put this huge circle of chalk around it so that all the motos had to go around it. 
Love y'all!
Elder Briggs
Amazing family that I love who are preparing for baptism!!

This chick is a genetic miracle. 100 percent pink!! ;) they dip them in dye so they don't get eaten by hawks.

Charity tricycle ride back to our apartment! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

And just like that . . . I'm home!

 March 24, 2020 Welp, definitely during the whole last week never did I think that during that same week I would be home! The week was going...