I Saw a WHITE CHILD

 August 19, 2019

First off, highlight of the week. I saw the first white child in over a year!! It was very, very weird. So, Ca va aller pour moi when I get back! :') We had an awesome collective baptismal service Saturday for 3 of our amis 2 kids in the ward, and 1 ami from the other elders! We baptized Fr. Cyril, Fr. Akakpovignon, and Sr. Helene - 3 people that I've come to love so much! Helene happened to be baptized on her birthday, so we partied that night and ate Eba and Corn bread at their place that night. For those of you who don't know, Eba is a Nigerian Dish and Corn bread comes straight out of Utah ;) Yes, my friends, The impossible is possible. We have perfected the corn bread on stove top. 

Baptism! (They are far right, 3rd from the right, and 5th from the right)

We had Mutation calls this week and me and my son Elder Udo-bassey will be going a 3rd together in Baguida yeet! (yes!) This will be my 4th mutation (transfer) in Baguida so that makes it practically certain the last one here. But I love this area and honestly would be fine to finish my mission in it if I could! 
Birthday party for Helene... both physical and spiritual 😏

This week I listened to a talk and there was one line that completely blew my mind so I would like to share it with you! Basically, what he said is that Sacrifice= love. Parents don't love their kids because they deserve it. They love them because of all the sacrifice they have done for them. Likewise, God doesn't love us necessarily because we deserve it, He loves us because he sacrificed his son, Jesus Christ, for us! "God so loved the world that he sent his son Jesus Christ" jean 3:16 So what does that mean? If we ever feel like we don't love someone enough as we should, it means were not sacrificing enough for them! Thats the key! Most of the time we think we don't love people because they don't deserve our love, but the truth really is, is that when we sacrifice for those we want to, and know we should love, whether they deserve it or not, we will be filled with this love. That makes complete sense now why Jesus Christ said that the greatest thing a man could do is to lay down his life for his friend! Because that's exactly what Christ did for us as the Greatest act of love ever made on the earth! 
Love Y'all!
Elder Briggs
An awesome family in our ward who are moving to Benin

No comments:

Post a Comment

And just like that . . . I'm home!

 March 24, 2020 Welp, definitely during the whole last week never did I think that during that same week I would be home! The week was going...