Karma/Stovetop Bomb?

 September 16, 2019

Highlight of the week definitely was when we were in the middle of teaching a lesson and as my companion was pouring out his testimony at the end of the lesson, a chicken jumped out of the tree above him and landed on his head :') yeaah well Karma got me in the next lesson. I had just started explaining what the law of chastity was when the bottom of my cushioned chair I was sitting in broke and I fell through it. I told the member who's house we were out I was so sorry, and he was like "Trump broke my chair!" 

As a side note, this week I saw a wall that killed me. It says "Forbidden to pee on this wall. Punishment- 5000 francs and 4 slaps on the face!" 

These are some awesome kids we're teaching.
This week we spent a bunch of time trying to get some of our amis prepared so they can get baptized this next week. At first, we thought there would be 4 but, what do ya know, we found out one still lives with a guy and the other one still takes lessons from the Jehovah witnesses so we are hoping the 2 will still work out this week! We saw a miracle yesterday! We had a rendevous fall through and felt like we should go visit this member. Well, on the way to the member's house we met this lady who was the sister of the member we were going to visit! So, we invited her to the members house and were able to start teaching her! One thing I learned this week is that the best thing a person can do for themselves in this life is to learn it's not about themselves! I've seen that phrase shown in the life of our prophet President Neilson and he is a great example to us all of a life of service! People wonder, "how did he accomplish so much and become such a great person?" The answer is SERVICE!  Love y'all!
Elder Briggs
See the cactus?... yup we call that organic barbed wire ;)



Teaching the wife of this partial member family!

 Today we tried making caramel on the stove top. (We put sweeten condensed milk cans in boiling water for 3 hours) anyways so we completely forgot about it until we heard a noise like a bombshell in our kitchen and this is what we found! It exploded EVERYWHERE. ceiling, and every single wall in the kitchen. 😂

Farthest we can go without a boat

No comments:

Post a Comment

And just like that . . . I'm home!

 March 24, 2020 Welp, definitely during the whole last week never did I think that during that same week I would be home! The week was going...