Tear Gassed . . . and Flooded

April 15, 2019

So, this week me and my companion had just finished eating and were on our way to our rendevous on the far side of our sector. Well, according to my companion he had heard on the radio that there were some political manifestations in Lomé but we didn't think much of it. During lunch we had seen some huge military armored trucks with gunners on top go by, but once again, during the elections and stuff the military was everywhere so we didn't think much of it. Well, we are on our way to our rendevous, going through this neighborhood and there was weirdly not a lot of people on the road. We could hear a bunch of noise from a couple streets over but once again, didn't think much of it. So, we were walking, and I start to feel this tingling in my nose. I thought, "that's weird, it must just be some weird perfume that lady in front of me is wearing." Haha, then it started burning!! My eyes, nose, everything was just burning and suddenly it all just click. Tear Gas!! We turned to some dude going by us and asked what was going on and he said the military a couple streets over was launching gas. Haha, so we turned around and booked it out of there... bawling all the way ;) Well, we ended up having to go all around the block to get to our rendevous and had to pass through the gas again, but ties work pretty good as gas masks, so it wasn't as bad. The kids here are insane! They were just walking just straight though it with their mouths covered but acted like it didn't even bother them that much! And then the next day it poured the whole day and our back yard and front yard got flooded to the brim! 

Backyard flooding

We got transfer calls this week and I'm leaving the sector of Kegué to go work in the sector of Baghida! I'm super pumped! I'm going to be working with the best friend of my companion that I have now. His name is Elder Legal and he is also from Tahiti! And we're getting whitewashed. I'm definitely going to miss all the amazing converts and members here and especially our ward mission leader who is one of the hardest workers I know! He is one of the farthest members in our ward and lives up in Djagblé but does more missionary work for this ward than anyone I know! I'm going to miss him and dozens of others of great examples and pioneers I've met here in this ward! Get y'all updated on the new sector next week ;) 
Love y'all and have a great week!
Elder Briggs

Why you don't take the back roads in Togo.


Our ward mission leader.

Bad ideas with ladders


No comments:

Post a Comment

And just like that . . . I'm home!

 March 24, 2020 Welp, definitely during the whole last week never did I think that during that same week I would be home! The week was going...