Premier bapteme

August 27, 2018

Severine is the dude in the middle
 the other kids are his cousins
We had an amazing baptism this Saturday of an ami named Severine! He is the guy who can speak really good English too because he learned it at a school in Benin so he is one of the few people I've really been able to talk to good and teach in English! I literally love this guy he is such a stud I was very honored that he asked me to baptize him. He was baptized in the outdoor font that is at the church in Souzanetime in a different sector along with this other girl that the sisters taught. We had his baptismal date set for a couple more weeks but at church, he kept coming up to us and saying that he couldn't wait that long so we moved it to this Saturday. He is cousins with the bishop here but doesn't have a very good family situation but has an amazing, amazing testimony. He bore a super strong and simple testimony after the baptism too that brought the spirit. This guy was definitely converted to the gospel long before he was baptized and I've definitely seen what the gospel can do in people's lives. 
Font
Most all of us have lived our whole lives in the gospel and I don't think we really can see the happiness that we already have in our lives that the gospel brings but trust me, any ounce of happiness that you feel is from this gospel so don't go looking for it elsewhere when its already in your hands! We have been teaching the sister of a sister who is a member and she accepted a baptismal challenge!... haha only problem is that she lives in a village up north of here that doesn't have the church in it yet and was leaving the day after to go back so we just have to hope that the church gets up there soon. 
The sketch things you see...

I saw my first voodoo party this week! We didn't stick around and watch it but they set up these huge tents in the middle of the street and fill the road with sawdust and then have these crazy dancers covered in all this paint and they have a ton of drums. They stapled up these goats they skinned and had all this pics of animals drawn all over the walls! I don't think they would have liked it if we stuck around though so we left pretty quick. 
The amazing "cake" me and elder hall made bullock for his birthday! its fried chocolate bread we call the Cinoconutanna (cinnamon, coconut, nuttella, and bananna) 

We celebrated my father Bullocks birthday this Sunday on the 26th! Me and Elder Hall (the other elder in our apartment) are pretty nice guys so we spoiled him with a sweet lunch and We celebrated with hotdogs, sweet baby rays bbq sauce, pineapple, and guava! 
Love yall! Elder Briggs

This is the candle for elder bullocks birthday me and elder hall made... 

I respect this guy. Selling chickens... on his head.

No comments:

Post a Comment

And just like that . . . I'm home!

 March 24, 2020 Welp, definitely during the whole last week never did I think that during that same week I would be home! The week was going...