Bad Karma

March 11, 2019 

Been a good 2 weeks but I'm doing great, and all is well in Zion! We had transfers last week and I'm staying in Kegué and got a new companion! His name is Elder Turiano-Turoa from Tahiti! 


So, this week we were starting this rendevous with 2 of our amis in a partial member family who are getting ready to get baptized. Well, with 5 kids between 1-12 and the mom all sitting in the rendevous its usually pretty rough trying to keep everyone focused but we got everyone all together and were about to start with an opening prayer. Right as we put our heads down to start praying the little 1 year old (who wasn't wearing anything already) "blew his pants" if you know what I'm saying and everything went into chaos again. Haha, well me and my comp busted up and thought it was hilarious and after they washed him down and kicked some sand over the poop we continued with our lesson. Well, be careful what you laugh at. Less than 1 hour later during our next lesson me and my Elder Sorensen were in the middle of teaching and both got splatted by bird poop at the same time!! Talk about bad Karma. :(
Best 3rd wheel award goes to this guy 😏

I just wanted to tell about a super cool deacon that I know in our ward! His name is Ferdinand and he is one of the 4 deacons who passes the sacrament every week. His family lives on the far, far end of the village of Djablé, just about as far as you can get from the church in Kegue. All the members who live up there take motos or taxis to church each Sunday. Well, we were at his house teaching a friend of his dads and we told him that we were on our way to a baptism at the church if him and his dad wanted to come. We then walked back to the main road and found a taxi and headed towards the church in Kegué. About a quarter of the way there we saw Ferdinand walking down the dusty road towards Kegue! We pulled over and told him to get in our taxi and asked him where he was headed. He said he was going to the baptism at the church and because he didn't have money for a taxi he was walking there. He said he walks to the church a couple times a week for seminary and to play soccer with his friends at the church and it usually takes him between 2 1/2 - 3 hours to walk there!! I was just so proud of this amazing 12 year-old kid who was willing to walk 3 hours to go to a baptismal service and he is a huge example to me.
Love y'all and have a great week! 
Elder Briggs 
I called the number...it was definitely not him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

And just like that . . . I'm home!

 March 24, 2020 Welp, definitely during the whole last week never did I think that during that same week I would be home! The week was going...