Check Kids' Hands Before You Shake Them

 February 17, 2020

Hope y'all had a great week and are doing well! I would like to wish you a late happy valentine's day as well! Haha me and my comp totally forgot that it was valentine's day until we asked ourselves why there were so many random hearts and love ads everywhere. Our conversation was pretty awkward after that it went like this "wow it's valentine's day, I totally forgot". "Ya cool right... uh love you I guess elder" (moment of silence) "... uh love you too" (then a really long moment of silence)😂

This week flew by but honestly was rough work wise because every day we had a meeting for something! Tuesday zone conference. Wednesday morning district meeting. Thursday morning formation for district leaders. Friday morning weekly planning. So, Saturday was the only full day we got!! Haha and on top of that me and my comp got some gnarly food poisoning from whatever we ate at zone conference, so Wednesday we were trying to get over that. 
Our mission got emergency transferred 3 missionaries sent here from Liberia. Apparently, they are pulling all the missionaries out of there because of something going on over there so we also had that change up this week. 

So, it's not too often now days that I see something new or experience something out of the ordinary that I've never seen before, but this week I did something I've never done before! I shook a kid's hand with poop all over it! 😳 Ya it was very gross. Kids (or most people in general) don't use toilet paper and just use their hand to wipe then wash it off and this kid had just gotten off her bucket right as I walked in and in the dark I didn't see what was in the bucket or on the hand! 
Look at these kid's eyes carefull.
On the mission I've got to say hands down my favorite thing about it is watching the change in people's lives from what they were on day one when we met them and months later when they are baptized and performing priesthood ordinances and callings. We had an ami that we were teaching this week and his name is Kokou. When we came to the end of our lesson he said if he didn't work he would have us come by every single day because of the feeling and happiness that he felt talking to us! HOW COOL! He could feel it! The happiness the gospel can give us! He said that during the day he was depressed and sad but when we opened the Book of Mormon and started reading all those feelings went away! I've seen that exact thing happen to sooo many of our amis we're even teaching currently, and it blows me away as to how much happier and full of light people become when they act on our message! 
This week they have Presidental elections for Togo on the 22nd so we've all been told not to go out that day! So, on a special day as the 22nd we get to party in our apartment, 😉 but the people seem pretty freaked out about what might happen and are all planning like it's the end of the world, so I'll let ya know how it goes next week.
Love yall!
Elder Briggs
 Went back in the woods to relieve myself and realized it was actually a voodoo sacred forest with sacrifice alter and everything. oops. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

And just like that . . . I'm home!

 March 24, 2020 Welp, definitely during the whole last week never did I think that during that same week I would be home! The week was going...