I'm Expecting...with a Ghanian on the Way!

May 27, 2019 

Yup, transfer calls came and I'm going to be a "father" 🤓 and will be training starting as of Wednesday! His name is... not going to lie I forgot. I got it written down at home but it's pretty complicated, but I will tell y'all next week! I'm super excited and kind of nervous at the same time. One thing is for sure, this Elder is going to have the best, hardest, funnest 2 transfers of his mission and I'm so pumped to get this sector going!! Right now I'm companionless. It's pretty lonely and really weird. My companion went to Benin to work in the office due to his back injury so I will be following the other 2 elders in our apartment around for the next 2 days until the elders come over. This week we had a kinda rough week because my poor companions back is getting worse but we still got some good things done! 

Maurice and Aimés baptism

We had a baptism of a couple that I love so much. Haha, just like most baptisms here it was pretty close to falling though with the rain and early before church, but we just trusted that God wouldn't let someone standing in a body of water with his hand to the square in the air get stuck by lightening in a thunderstorm if he was doing it to baptize someone. ;) We must have been right because no one got struck and it went great! Their names are Frere Maurice and Seur Aimé. They have 2 adopted kids and are one of the happiest families I have met on my mission. He met the missionaries because he was a taxi driver but got in a crash and lost his car and one day was just sitting on the side of the road and the elders passed. He called out to them and they asked what they had brought for him. The missionaries said, "Well what do you want?" he said, " I want life" so they gave him a plan of salvation brochure and the missionaries started to teach him and his wife. 

Karate kid had a child... children*

We were also able to fix a date with this girl who is 14, named Benise! She stopped us one day in the road and told us that she had visited our church in Ablogamé when she was 11 but moved and she said she wanted to come to church. We met her the next day and she came to church and her testimony is already so strong! She has no other members in her family but knows exactly what she wants out of life and has already read a good chunk in the Book of Mormon. 

Love y'all and have a great week! 
Elder Briggs
 Mango the size of my head

View of downtown Togo

Little girl stealing my drink and was too cute to tell her no :')

Making sauce graine with patte at frere Maurices! This stuff takes forever to make! You have to cut out the graine of palm trees, cook them, smash them with a baton, then hand squeeze all the juice out of them, then boil them, then take the red oil off the top to use! The whole process took about 4 hours!! Definitely didn't plan for that. But it was good :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

And just like that . . . I'm home!

 March 24, 2020 Welp, definitely during the whole last week never did I think that during that same week I would be home! The week was going...